noho commons (retail complex)
This 70,000 sf core + shell, retail + supermarket project is Phase II of a JH Snyder (developer) + CRA redevelopment plan for the heart of North Hollywood, “The Valley,” Los Angeles, CA.
Ioana Urma worked on this project at The Jerde Partnership as Project Manager, taking it from the design development phase through the end of construction.
· Construction drawings and choosing/researching materials.
· Coordinating structural, mechanical, electrical, signage, landscape, and lighting consultants.
· Facilitating permitting (more complicated due to the tied lots and new alley).
· Working with the CRA (community redevelopment agency) demands.
· Coordinating the artists’s projects with the building design and construction schedule (2 public art projects are integrated into the building).
· Value engineering.
· Communicating with the general contractor to resolve issues and avoid conflict.
Ioana was also in charge of creating the lease package and coordianting with the TI (tenant improvement) architects.
Footprint: ±300’ x 300’ plan x 28’ tall.
Longest facade: 320’.
Tower: 80’ tall.
North Hollywood, Los Angeles, CA
J.H. Snyder Co., Los Angeles, CA
The Jerde Partnership, Venice, CA
Project Manager (Architectural Team, DD to CA):
Electroland (large digital)
Christina Ulke (firemen’s memorial)
The Richardson Group
Hank Hockenberger (perspective)
Jay Fischer (elevations)
Ioana Urma, except:
Photo #4 right: Electroland
Photos #8 bottom: The Richardson Group
Photo #9 left: Mitch Glaser